Pressley Harvin III is currently one of the top punting prospects for the 2021 NFL Draft. He is the former punter for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. He finished atop the NCAA for gross punting (minimum 20 punts). He was named the winner of the 2020 Ray Guy Award, an annual award given to college football’s top punter.
Here is the most impressive thing about Harvin’s season. According to the Simple Kicking Punting Index he is the most improved punter in college football from 2019 to 2020. He improved 16.6% in a single year.
On 45 punts he averaged 48 yards per punt and net 44.8 yards. His 2020 season ranked 12th best since 2013: here are the others on his list:
- Mitch Wishnowsky, University of Utah, San Francisco 49ers
- Michael Dickson, University of Texas, Seattle Seahwaks (also holds #10)
- Max Duffy, University of Kentucky, 2021 NFL Draft Prospect
- Dane Roy, University of Houston, NFL Free Agent
- Braden Mann, Texas A&M, New York Jets
- Tom Hackett, University of Utah (also holds #7)
- Jimmy Smith, University of Cincinnati, NFL Free Agent
- Cameron Johnston, Ohio State University, Philadelphia Eagles
- Tyson Dyer, University of New Mexico
- Joseph Charlton, University of South Carolina, Atlanta Falcons
The two other finalists in 2020 Ray Guy Award were Jake Camarda (University of Georgia Bulldogs) and Lou Hedley (University of Miami.)
Please follow Pressley Harvin III: