Rob Roche is the President of RSR Sports. He is certified by the National Football League Players Association as a contract advisor and is authorized to negotiate with NFL Teams on behalf of professional football players that have either been drafted or signed as free agents.
Rob opened up to share stories with the Community. He exudes passion, interest, and energy which made our time together flow. The way he approached the Show is how he approaches his clients with 100% commitment.
This episode covers major topics surrounding kicking and punting in the NFL from contract negotiations to how he became an NFL agent. Topics were raised from previous episodes with other guests. For example, Rob gives his opinion on how to earn a job in the NFL vs. how to keep a job.
This is related to a discussion with Tyler Brown, Kicking Coach for the Michigan Wolverines,
Rob shares his advice to college freshman kickers who have desires to kick in the NFL. He shares how to deal with pressure similarly to the Chris Sailer & Chris Rubio episode. The key connecting idea is to enjoy yourself, and have fun kicking, punting, or long snapping.
Additionally he breaks down the important features of an NFL contract, backed by hard numbers that he has successfully won on behalf of his clients.
Over a twenty year career as an NFL agent, Rob has negotiated hundreds of millions of dollars in NFL contracts. He has negotiated record breaking contracts for clients such as:
- Justin Tucker – Kicker (Baltimore Ravens, University of Texas, Westlake High School)
- Josh Brown – Kicker (New York Giants, University of Nebraska, Foyil High School)
- Shayne Graham* – Kicker (Cincinnati Bengals, Virginia Tech University, Pulaski High School)
- Neil Rackers** – Kicker (Arizona Cardinals, Houston Texans, University of Illinois, Aquinas-Mercy High School
- Justin Rohrwasser – Kicker (No. 159 overall pick (fifth round) in the 2020 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots, Marshall University, University of Rhode Island)
- Brett Maher – Kicker (New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Ottawa Redblacks, University of Nebraska, Kearney High School)
- Thomas Hennessy – Long Snapper (New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Duke University, Don Bosco Preparatory High School)
- Rick Lovato – Long Snapper (Philadelphia Eagles, Old Dominion, Middletown High School South)
- Chase McLaughlin*** – Kicker (Indianapolis Colts, Buffalo Bills, University of Illinois, Cypress Woods High School)
- Aldrick Rosas – Kicker (New York Giants, Southern Oregon, Orland High School)
- Matt McCrane – Kicker (Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas State, Brownwood High School)
- Dominik Eberle – Kicker (Las Vegas Raiders, Utah State, Redondo Union High School)
He also represents broadcasters such as Jordan Kent (Play-by-Play announcer for the Portland Trailblazers and Nintendo Gaming)
Additionally, Rob is a nationally recognized authority on the role of agents in the sports industry.
Finally, Rob is a Professor of Sports Management at The College of New Jersey in Ewing, NJ and Drew University in Madison, NJ.
* Shayne is the current special teams analyst at the University of Florida & he had stints with nearly half of the teams in the NFL: New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants, New England Patriots, Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons
** Neil Rackers also played for the Cincinnati Bengals.
*** Chase also had stints with the Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, and the Los Angeles Chargers